- Crescent Wrench – tightening connections
- Bottle of soapy water (small pail will also work) – fitting and connection testing
- BBQ Lighter or Long Matches - start BBQ
- Fire Extinguisher – we recommend having a fire extinguisher when using the outdoor BBQ’s. For an additional cost Good Time Party Rentals rents Fire Extinguishers.
- Turn all burn controls to off
- Open hood on ALL hood BBQ’s
- Position propane tank for connection ensuring the propane tank is in an upright position and connecting hose is not bent or kinked
- Connect propane tank to BBQ tightening hose and BBQ connector with a wrench
- Turn propane tank on turning left
- Test with soapy water all fittings and connections of the propane to ensure all connections are fastened tightly and free of leaks. Pour soapy water over all fitting and connections if it bubbles the fitting and connections need tightening. If no bubbling occurs everything is connected correctly. THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE STARTING AND OPERATING THE BBQ
- If there are NO LEAKS you are ready to start the BBQ
- Check to make sure all burners are turned off and hood is open on hood BBQ’s
- Remove cooking grills
- Using the BBQ lighter or long matches; turn the first burner knob to high light the burner put the cooking grill on the lit burner. Repeat for lighting all burners.
- Adjust control knobs to desired temperature
- When cooking is complete turn the propane off from the tank turning knob to the right
- Turn all burner controls to off
- When the BBQ has cooled down disconnect propane from BBQ
If you have any questions or concerns please call 403-291-0686.